Grand Youth Theatre In-Action Intensive
June 21 — July 2, 2021
A two-week in-person theatre intensive for 12-19 year old students to train with professional artists and hone their skills, make professional connections, make friends with other students, and continue to actively explore the power of theatre creation! COVID safety protocols will be followed.
- June 21 — 25, 2021 (Monday – Friday) – Performance Tracks
- June 28 — July 2, 2021 (Monday – Friday) – Technical Theatre Track
- Salt Lake Community College South City Campus, 1575 S State St.
One week of theatre training and exploration in the following tracks (participants can enroll in one or more than one):
- Performance – Broadway Dance (June 21-25: 10am – 12pm):
Broadway Dance styles choreography, technique, and performance.
- Performance – Stage Combat (June 21-25: 1pm – 3pm):
Broadsword, Quarterstaff and Unarmed Combat for Theatre and Film.
- Technical Theatre and Design (June 28 – July 2: 10am – 12pm):
Theatre Lighting, Sound, Set, and Prop Design, Network with Theatre Professionals
Students (ages 12-19) of all skill levels and backgrounds, no prior training required. Classes will be designed to accommodate and welcome students of varying abilities.
Are you a theatre lover ages 12-19 interested in honing your theatre abilities this summer?
Enroll in one or more one-week Grand Youth In-Action Intensive, where you will work with professional theatre artists and train alongside other Utah students to hone your theatre abilities, learn the business of theatre, and connect with working theatre professionals.
Classes will vary from day to day in specific topics, ages, and skill level. Whether you are an experienced theatre student or brand new to theatre, our goal is to challenge, inspire, and train students of all backgrounds and abilities.
About Grand Youth
At the Grand Theatre, we pride ourselves on being a theatre for the community. With professional-quality productions showcasing local talent, educational outreach programs and community partnerships, there is truly something for everyone.
We’d love to work with you to ensure that your students have a chance to witness and participate in the great theatre that is happening right here in Salt Lake City!
Grand Youth provides exciting opportunities available to students and educators, such as:
- Free tickets for students and educators to exclusive student matinees.
- Post-performance talks with our director, actors, technicians or administration.
- Tour of the theatre and facilities.
- In-class performances and Q&As with Grand Theatre professionals.
- Two-week Theatre Summer Camp for 7 – 12 grade students.
- Afterschool Theatre programs throughout the year
Want to arrange more Grand Youth opportunities for your students? Contact Us!
Grand Youth is generously sponsored by the Alternative Visions Fund