Grand Youth Theatre In-Action Intensive
June 15-26, 2020
A free two week digital theatre intensive for 12-19 year old students to train with professional artists and hone their skills, make professional connections, make friends with other students, and continue to actively explore the power of theatre creation!
- June 15 – 26, 2020 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Digital Final Showcase Performance Friday, June 26: 10am-Noon/1-3pm
- 6 live digital WebEx classes
Two weeks of free online theatre training in the following tracks (participants can enroll in one or both):
- Performance and Musical Theatre (Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10AM – 12PM): Acting Audition Techniques, Musical Theatre Auditions, Talk with Theatre Professionals, One-on-One Coaching, The Business of Theatre
- Technical Theatre and Design (Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 1PM – 3PM): Technical Theatre Set Design, Sound Design, Costume Design, Talk with Theatre Professionals, One-on-One Coaching, and The Business of Theatre
Students (ages 12-19) of all skill levels and backgrounds, no prior training required. Classes will be designed to accommodate and welcome students of varying abilities.
Are you a theatre lover ages 12-19 interested in honing your theatre abilities this summer?
Enroll in the free two week Grand Youth In-Action Intensive, where you will work with professional theatre artists for 6 live digital WebEx masterclasses. Students will train alongside other Utah students, hone their theatre abilities, learn the business of theatre, and connect with working theatre professionals across the country.
Classes will vary from day to day in specific topics, ages, and skill level. Whether you are an experienced theatre student or brand new to theatre, our goal is to challenge, inspire, and train students of all backgrounds and abilities. During this online intensive, you will work with a variety of experienced musical theatre, technical theatre, and acting professionals to explore the power of theatre and improve your skills.
How to enroll?
Apply here by submitting an example of your work and/or why you are interested in theatre.
About Grand Youth
At the Grand Theatre, we pride ourselves on being a theatre for the community. With professional-quality productions showcasing local talent, educational outreach programs and community partnerships, there is truly something for everyone.
We’d love to work with you to ensure that your students have a chance to witness and participate in the great theatre that is happening right here in Salt Lake City!
Grand Youth provides exciting opportunities available to students and educators, such as:
- Free tickets for students and educators to exclusive student matinees.
- Post-performance talks with our director, actors, technicians or administration.
- Tour of the theatre and facilities.
- In-class performances and Q&As with Grand Theatre professionals.
- Two-week Theatre Summer Camp for 7 – 12 grade students.
- Afterschool Theatre programs throughout the year
Want to arrange more Grand Youth opportunities for your students? Contact Us!
Grand Youth is generously sponsored by the Alternative Visions Fund