[title of show]
Music and Lyrics by Jeff Bowen
Book by Hunter Bell
August 17 – September 9, 2023 | Musical | Backstage| Thursday – Saturday |
[title of show] is an one-act musical comedy about two struggling writers who decide to create a show for the New York Musical Theater Festival—about their own journey in creating a show for a theater festival. As they work on their project, they navigate creative differences, personal insecurities and unexpected obstacles. Full of humor, heart and catchy tunes, [title of show] is a celebration of creativity, friendship and the joy of making art. [title of show] will be directed by Latoya Cameron.
Please be aware this show is rated R for language and adult themes.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, June 17, 2023, from 10:00AM-2:00PM.
- Please schedule an audition slot here.
- Prior to your audition, please download, complete, and print the audition form and bring it with you to your audition. Headshots and resumes are required.
- ALL characters please prepare 16-32 bars of a musical number. An accompanist will be provided.
- Auditions will be held in the Facilities and Arts Annex (a separate building in the far South-East corner of the parking lot) of Salt Lake Community College’s South City Campus, 1610 South 250 East, Salt Lake City, 84115. Parking is available at no charge in the South-East parking lot off of 1700 South. Please enter on the north side of the building.
- Callbacks will be from 6:00PM-10:00PM on Monday, June 19, 2023 by invitation.
- The show will run evenings at 7:30PM Thursdays – Saturdays August 17- September 9, 2023, with Saturday matinee performances at 2:00PM on August 26 & September 2, 2023.
- Rehearsals will begin on Saturday, July 8, 2023 and will be held (apart from tech week) Monday – Friday from 6pm to 10pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. See audition form for more details.
- Performance pick-up rehearsals will be held from 6:30-9:00pm August 23, August 30, and September 6
All hired actors are paid via a stipend. The Grand Theatre is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We welcome all qualified performers, without regard to disability, race, color, gender, national origin or any other basis, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
- Jeff – a composer/lyricist – Baritone/Tenor (B2 – G4)
- Hunter – a book writer – Tenor (C3 – B4)
- Susan – their actor friend – Mezzo-Soprano (E3 – C5)
- Heidi – their actor friend – Mezzo-Soprano (F3 – F5)
Note: The production pianist appears onstage at the keyboard throughout the entire performance. He is referred to as “Larry.” If it is a female pianist, then “Mary.”
- Director: Latoya Cameron
- Music Director: Jonathan McDonald
Get the App
Download our Grand Theatre app to be the first to hear about audition postings and get first access to audition sign ups. Available on iOS and Android.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long is the rehearsal process?
Typically, rehearsals last about six weeks prior to opening. Due to the complexity of everyone’s schedules, rehearsals are reserved for evenings Monday through Fridays and Saturdays, during the day. Generally rehearsals are scheduled from 6:00-10:00PM weeknights, and 9:00AM-4:00PM on Saturdays.
Do I get paid?
Yes, we do offer stipends to all adult actors employed during a production. Children, under legal working age, do not receive monetary compensation, but usually receive discounted tickets for family members.
Do you hire Equity?
We are not offering any Equity contracts.