by Michael Frayn
February 17 – March 12, 2022 Main Stage | Wednesday – Saturday | Rated: PG-13
The Grand Theatre announces auditions for Michael Frayn’s Noises Off, directed by Anne Stewart Mark.
The auditions will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 10:00AM-4:00PM.
Called “the funniest farce ever written,” Noises Off presents a manic menagerie of itinerant actors rehearsing a flop called Nothing’s On. Doors slamming, on and offstage intrigue, and an errant herring all figure in the plot of this hilarious and classically comic play.
The auditions will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 10:00AM to 4:00PM Please sign up for an audition online here.
Please prepare a short scene or monologue in the style of the show. Facility in physical comedy, British dialect, resumes, and headshots are required. Prior to your audition, please download, complete, and print the audition form to bring with you to your audition. Auditions will be held in the Facilities and Arts Annex (far South-East corner of the parking lot) of Salt Lake Community College’s South City Campus, 1610 South 250 East, Salt Lake City, 84115. Parking is available at no charge in the South-East parking lot off of 1700 South.
NOISES OFF will be directed by Anne Stewart Mark.
- Callbacks will be from 6:00PM-10:00PM on Monday, November 8, 2021 by invitation.
- Callbacks will include sides, which we will provide to you.
- The show will run Wednesdays – Saturdays, February 17 – March 12, 2022 at 7:30PM & Saturday matinee performances at 2:00PM.
- Rehearsals will begin on Saturday, January 15th, 2022 and will be held (apart from tech week) Monday – Friday from 6pm to 10pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.
All hired actors are paid via a stipend.
The Grand Theatre is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We welcome all qualified performers, without regard to disability, race, color, gender, national origin or any other basis, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
List of Characters
- DOTTY OTLEY A late-middle-aged actress. Plays Mrs. Clackett, the housekeeper for the Brents’ home in England in Nothing’s On.
- LLOYD DALLAS The director of a play-within-the-play, called Nothing’s On.
- GARRY LEJEUNE A stuttering actor, easily fired up. Plays Roger, the estate agent looking to let the Brent’s house in Nothing’s On.
- BROOKE ASHTON A young inexperienced actress from London. Plays Vicki, who works for the tax authorities and is trying to woo Roger in Nothing’s On.
- POPPY NORTON-TAYLOR Assistant Stage Manager.
- FREDERICK FELLOWES Has a serious fear of violence and blood. Plays Phillip Brent, who lives out of the country with his wife Flavia to avoid paying taxes and is on a secret visit in Nothing’s On.
- BELINDA BLAIR Cheerful and sensible, a reliable actress. Plays Flavia, Philip Brent’s wife, who is dependable, though not one for household duties in Nothing’s On.
- TIM ALLGOOD An over-worked Stage Manager.
- SELSDON MOWBRAY Elderly and with actorly mannerisms. Plays Selsdon, a burglar and an old man in his seventies, breaking into the Brents’ house in Nothing’s On.
Get the App
Download our Grand Theatre app to be the first to hear about audition postings and get first access to audition sign ups. Available on iOS and Android.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long is the rehearsal process?
Typically, rehearsals last about six weeks prior to opening. Due to the complexity of everyone’s schedules, rehearsals are reserved for evenings Monday through Fridays and Saturdays, during the day. Generally rehearsals are scheduled from 6:00-10:00PM weeknights, and 9:00AM-4:00PM on Saturdays.
Do I get paid?
Yes, we do offer stipends to all adult actors employed during a production. Children, under legal working age, do not receive monetary compensation, but usually receive discounted tickets for family members.
Do you hire Equity?
No, not generally. We are not an Equity Theatre, although, occasionally there is an Equity contract offered under special circumstances. However, Equity actors are always encouraged to audition, as you never know what will be offered.