2022 Grand Youth Theatre In-Action Intensive
A two-week in-person theatre intensive for 12-19 year old students to train with professional artists and hone their skills, make professional connections, make friends with other students, and continue to actively explore the power of theatre creation!
- Salt Lake Community College South City Campus, 1575 S State St.
One week of theatre training and exploration in the following tracks (participants can enroll in one or more than one):
- Performance – Stage Combat (June 13-17: 10am – 12pm)
- Broadsword, Quarterstaff and Unarmed Combat for Theatre and Film
- Technical Theatre Set Design (New Dates: June 13-17: 1 – 3pm)
- Theatre Set Design with Theatre Professionals
- Performance – Broadway Dance (June 20-24: 10am – 12pm)
- Broadway Dance styles choreography, technique, and performance
- Technical Theatre Lighting and Sound (New Dates: June 20–24: 1 – 3pm)
- Theatre Lighting and sound design and operation with Theatre Professionals
Early bird registration fee of $110 per camp track extended through Friday, May 27, after which registration fee is $125 per camp. Get a 10% discount when signing up for multiple camp tracks by entering promo code “Multicamp” during checkout and registering for at least two tracks.
Are you a theatre lover ages 12-19 interested in honing your theatre abilities this summer?
Enroll in one or more one-week Grand Youth In-Action Intensive, where you will work with professional theatre artists and train alongside other Utah students to hone your theatre abilities, learn the business of theatre, and connect with working theatre professionals.
Classes will vary from day to day in specific topics, ages, and skill level. Whether you are an experienced theatre student or brand new to theatre, our goal is to challenge, inspire, and train students of all backgrounds and abilities.
Limited camp scholarships are available – for more information and to apply contact Zac Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Grand Youth
At the Grand Theatre, we pride ourselves on being a theatre for the community. With professional-quality productions showcasing local talent, educational outreach programs and community partnerships, there is truly something for everyone.
We’d love to work with you to ensure that your students have a chance to witness and participate in the great theatre that is happening right here in Salt Lake City!
Grand Youth provides exciting opportunities available to students and educators, such as:
- Free tickets for students and educators to exclusive student matinees.
- Post-performance talks with our director, actors, technicians or administration.
- Tour of the theatre and facilities.
- In-class performances and Q&As with Grand Theatre professionals.
- Two-week Theatre Summer Camp for 7 – 12 grade students.
- Afterschool Theatre programs throughout the year
Want to arrange more Grand Youth opportunities for your students? Contact Us!
Grand Youth is generously sponsored by the Alternative Visions Fund