Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Since 1948, Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) has been an integral part of our community’s cultural, economic and educational development. We have provided countless accessible and affordable pathways for community members to move forward and succeed.
Since the mid-1990s, the Grand Theatre has provided special programs, special events and theatrical productions at affordable prices to enrich the community.
I would guess that almost every person in our audience has a connection to SLCC and/or the Grand Theatre via a friend, a family member, or a colleague. We strive to be your community college and theatre.
We’re excited to present the 2019-2020 season at the Grand Theatre! In its 29th year of offering fantastic performances, the Grand promises a great line-up of exciting shows for all audiences:
- The season kicks off with the original rock musical A Wall Apart, a timely and impactful show that is making its world premiere at The Grand.
- What better way to start off your Halloween spirit than with a mystery! The Tony Award winning musical, Curtains, takes you on a hilarious journey of mystery solving and dance numbers.
- This winter, the Grand is offering a delightful Holiday Collection, featuring three audience favorites full of holiday spirit throughout November to December. As a special offer, you can see Lark & Spur, Amahl and the Night Visitors/A Christmas Carol, and Christmas with Eclipse 6 in a holiday package. Three great events to share with your family and friends.
- Starting off the new year is The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!). Set Backstage at the Grand, this satire parodies what we love about musical theatre, transforming one plot into five different composer styles and taking you on a clever ride along the way.
- The American Classic Series returns this March with Aaron Sorkin’s adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird. With great success running on Broadway and recently receiving various awards and nominations, this adaptation retells Harper Lee’s classic story with a fresh voice while still capturing the heart of this literary classic.
- The season concludes with the hit Mel Brook’s musical, The Producers. After a successful run on Broadway, this movie-turned-musical captures the antics of show business in fun and unexpected ways.
Salt Lake Community College and the Grand Theatre are proud to serve as the community’s home for compelling artistic experiences, including theatrical, musical and dance performances, captivating lectures, engaging screenings, and culturally-significant offerings. As the home of the Grand, the stunning Center for Arts and Media serves as a vital educational hub, combining the latest digital arts technology with the unique and varied talents of our remarkable faculty. Whether you are a community member enjoying a performance or a student embarking on a career, you are always welcome at this state-of-the-art facility. As Salt Lake Community College prepares to celebrate its 75th year in 2023, the Grand and Center for Arts and Media serve as prime examples of our dedication to truly engaging and celebrating our community.
Deneece G. Huftalin, PhD
President, Salt Lake Community College