Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Since 1948, Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) has been an integral part of our community’s cultural, economic and educational development. We have provided countless accessible and affordable pathways for community members to move forward and succeed.
Since the early 1990s, the Grand Theatre has provided special programs, special events and theatrical productions at affordable prices to enrich the community.
I would guess that almost every person in our audience has a connection to SLCC and/or the Grand Theatre via a friend, a family member, or a colleague. We strive to be your community college and theatre.
We’re excited to present the 2018-19 season at the Grand Theatre! In its 28th year of offering fantastic performances, the Grand promises a great line-up of exciting shows for all audiences:
- The season kicks off with musical The Marvelous Wonderettes, filled with memorable hits that will keep your tapping your toes from start to finish.
- Get in the Halloween spirit with The Rocky Horror Show, which takes you on a hilarious gothic adventure, jam-packed with wild twists and unforgettable songs.
- Returning for the 3rd year, the Grand Theatre is proud to partner with the University of Utah’s School of Music for Amahl and the Night Visitors and A Christmas Carol. This limited engagement is sure to get the entire family in the Christmas spirit.
- In the new year, join us Backstage at the Grand with the musical comedy, First Date. Enjoy the crazy obstacles we go through to find “the one” with this hilarious show.
- The American Classic Series returns this March with To Kill a Mockingbird. Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Harper Lee, this production brings the beloved story and timeless characters to life on our stage.
- The season ends with the electric West Side Story. This retelling of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet follows young lovers who struggle to exist in a world of violence and prejudice.
Salt Lake Community College and the Grand Theatre are proud to serve as the community’s home for compelling artistic experiences, including theatrical, musical and dance performances, captivating lectures, engaging screenings, and culturally-significant offerings. As the home of the Grand, the stunning Center for Arts and Media serves as a vital educational hub, combining the latest digital arts technology with the unique and varied talents of our remarkable faculty. Whether you are a community member enjoying a performance or a student embarking on a
career, you are always welcome at this state-of-the-art facility. As Salt Lake Community College prepares to celebrate its 75th year in 2023, the Grand and Center for Arts and Media serve as prime examples of our dedication to truly engaging and celebrating our community.
Deneece G. Huftalin, PhD
President, Salt Lake Community College