Thank you for joining us for our 2017-2018 season full of exciting shows as well as some old favorites:
- We’ll kick off our season with fan favorite Always…Patsy Cline, filled with the country music hits you love.
- Perdida, a new musical by local playwright Kathleen Cahill, will take you back to pre-revolutionary Mexico bursting with traditional Latin music and dance.
- Returning this year, the Grand Theatre is partnering with the University of Utah’s School of Music for Amahl and the Night Visitors and A Christmas Carol. Running November 30 – December 2, this limited engagement and duo of charming family shows is not to be missed.
- In the new year, we’ll return with a backstage production, The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940, a hilarious show that will keep you on your toes and wondering whodunit?
- As always, March belongs to our American Classics Series. This year we are pleased to present Arthur Miller’s A View from the Bridge, a tragic story of love and betrayal in an Italian-American immigrant community.
- To close out our season, we are thrilled to bring you the Tony Award-winning musical, Monty Python’s Spamalot. This spoof of the King Arthur legend will lead you on a hilarious quest to find the Holy Grail.
SLCC and the Grand Theatre are proud to serve as the community’s home for theatre, musical and dance performances, compelling lectures, engaging screenings, and culturally-rich offerings. The stunning Center for Arts and Media acts as a centerpiece to couple the latest technology in digital arts education with the unique and varied talents of our remarkable faculty. Whether you are a community member enjoying a performance or a student embarking on a career, we welcome you to this state-of-the-art facility
Deneece G. Huftalin, PhD
President, Salt Lake Community College